CADS is a global provider of products and services for construction-related industries. CADS was established in the UK in 1974 by Structural Consulting Engineers to develop, supply and support products for analysis, design and detailing of structural steelwork and reinforced concrete buildings. Since 2007, CADS has also achieved a market leading position in the UK scaffolding industry. CADS is developing cutting edge cloud and mobile solutions that will further enrich its offerings. With over 70,000 product licenses sold in 80 countries and through our design and detailing services, CADS is responsible for some of the most beautiful and iconic buildings in the world.
As a member of CADS Software Solutions Division, you will be part of a growing company delivering superb analysis, design and detailing products for the engineering and construction industry. As a Developer you will have a key specialist role responsible for the development of world-class software.
As a Developer you must be creative and analytical, qualified and experienced in Software Engineering, detailed software design and programming in C# and/or C++ and related tools and technologies. You will be writing first-class code that not only meets the software requirements but is also well structured, elegant and efficient, is easy to maintain and is, where possible, modular and reusable. You will also be thoroughly testing your work, writing well-designed, efficient unit tests to automate the testing of your modules and act as a documented, executable specification of the behaviour of your modules. You will be writing your code to the company’s coding standards, submitting your code for code review and contributing your expertise to the code reviews of others’ work.
You will be developing software across CADS’ range of Computer-Aided Engineering, Detailing, Scaffolding and Bespoke software, bringing your expertise to developing desktop software, Web API services and common reusable modules. In each case you are required to work closely with the other members of the team, understanding the product requirements, designing and building software collaboratively.
The detailed responsibilities involve building on CADS’ pre-eminent market position and industry standing as follows:
Keep abreast of good programming practices, new software language features, tools and libraries.
- Have a thorough understanding of the languages, tools and libraries on the company technology stacks for desktop and server-side web service development, particularly specialising in those related to the .NET Framework, SQL Server and related libraries for those specialising in C#. Aim to gain specialist expertise in one or more libraries used at CADS such as Developer Express, DirectX and/or OpenGL.
- When developing software, ensure the relevant parts of the Software Requirements Specification and the Software Architecture are understood, raising queries to the Lead Engineer and the Lead Developer as required.
- Develop source code in accordance with the company Coding Standards.
- Take responsibility for the correctness of all written code, thoroughly testing it and correcting all errors.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all written code, ensuring that it is clear, concise, well structured, efficient and well documented with code comments.
- Submit all source code (including unit test code) to the Lead Developer for code review – assist the Lead Developer with code reviews, especially where you have specialist knowledge.
- Fix defects found during code reviews and unit testing.
- Fix defects reported by others and logged in the defects list.
- Raise defects, issues or change requests when testing software builds.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 2-4 years appropriate experience
- Proven experience as a professional software developer
- Hands on Experience in C#/.NET, Winforms and Server-Side Web Service development
- Exposure or experience in Revit API is highly desirable
- Excellent analytical ability and an eye for detail and quality
- Immediate joiners are preferred
Location and reporting relationship
Reporting relationship: Product Manager